Designed for maritime broadband systems, GTICE provides an IT secured, configured, controlled and monitored environment for crew to browse, chat, email and SMS.
Originally launched in 2008, the solution has evolved into an Internet Café solution built on a proven & already popular crew mail platform.
GTICE currently offers:
- Crew mail
- World news
- Crew noticeboard to receive updates from the Captain or Head Office
- Internet chat (via popular channels such as Facebook, Skype, Twitter tec.), and
- Web browsing.
All of this within a 100% configurable, secured and monitored service.
Already 440 fleets, 3000+ vessels and 160,000 crew are using this service.
The next release, Version 8 is due to be commercially available by end 2015 and will bring additional benefits including:
- BYOD – Access through crew’s personal smartphones, tablets and laptop
- Locally stream multi-media, videos directly to crew’s device
- VOIP and low bandwidth video chat
- Software can be ‘flashed’ to low cost broadband router